* Simultaneous translation will be provided for all the activities of the 4th EMECR 2022 program.
DATE: June 7th, 2022
* EMECR 2022 Opening Ceremony
Time: 08:35 to 09:00 am / Place: Auditorium Gerdau (Pro Magno Convention Center)
- José Noldin, Chairman 4th EMECR, CSN (Brazil)
- José Carlos D’Abreu, Coordinator scientific comittee, PUC RJ (Brazil)
- Horacídio Leal Barbosa Filho, Executive presidente, ABM (Brazil)
- EMECR's Host Company Speech - Guilherme Abreu, General Manager of Institutional Relations and Sustainability, ArcelorMittal Brazil
Time: 09:00am - EMECR recognition to Pinakin Chaubal, ArcelorMittal (USA) and plenary:
DECARBONIZING STEEL PRODUCTION: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
Speaker: Pinakin Chaubal, Group CTO, ArcelorMittal (USA)
Time: 09:40am - EMECR recognition to Marcos Contrucci, Gavea Tech (Brazil) and plenary:
CONVERTING BLAST FURNACE TO SELF-REDUCTION SMELTING MODE
Speaker: Marcos Contrucci, Founder, Gavea Tech (Brazil)
Place: Auditorium Gerdau (Pro Magno Convention Center)
- Time: 11:05 to 11:35 am
Lecture: Aço Verde do Brasil is the world’s first carbon neutral steel plant
Speaker: Ricardo Carvalho Nascimento, CEO, Aço Verde do Brasil S/A (Brazil)
- Time: 11:35 am to 12:05 pm
Lecture: Modelling the costs of a green transition for steel
Speaker: Julia Attwood, Head of Sustainable Materials, Bloomberg NEF (USA)
- Time: 12:05 to 12:35 pm
Lecture: Approaches to find the lowest cost & most reliable decarbonization pathway
Speaker: Steve Potter, Director Metallics, Vale (Brazil).
Place: TECNORED – Pindamonhangaba (SP)
Tecnored has built its business based on the concept of “renewable technology”, a self-sustaining cycle that combines science, engineering and real-world experience to constantly renew and improve technologically sound processes and systems.
Patented in twenty-seven (27) countries, the Tecnored Furnace employs cutting-edge technology that combines efficiency and sustainability.
The Technological Research and Development Center, located in Pindamonhangaba, São Paulo, Brazil, has all the main technical resources for laboratory and industrial development tests, according to international and national standards, for the steel and R&D sectors.
The highly equipped and technological metallurgical laboratory performs a wide range of metallurgical tests, agglomeration and briquetting, with specific knowledge, providing specialized support, such as interpretation of results, failure analysis and personalized technical recommendations.
Date: June 10th, 2022 / Investment: U$ 50 (USD)
Transport departure: PRO MAGNO Convention Center
Address: Av. Profa. Ida Kolb, 513 - Jardim das Laranjeiras, São Paulo - SP, 02518-000.
- Departure time from Pro Magno to Tecnored: 06:30 am (Brasília time)
- Departure time from Tecnored to Pro Magno: 03:00 pm (Brasília time)
Estimated travel time: from 2:30 to 3 hours
* The Technical Visit (June 10th) must be purchased separately, but on the same button as the event registration.